Thursday, October 3, 2013

Fix Error unable to read from source file Copy from Mac to Windows PC Hard Disk


I am using MacDrive to be able to access a MAC external hard drive on my window 7  computer.i use Mac drive Pro 9 to Access Mac Hardrive. The files were copied from a MAC notebook to the external hard drive. I am trying to copy it to a NTFS formatted Windows external hard drive.When I use the Windows CTRL/C to copy the files an error ‘unable to read from source file (or similar) occurs.

I can copy portions of the source drive but when I click on some subdirectories, the mouse just jumps up to a higher level subdirectory.When I use UnStoppable Copier, 336 files are bypassed and the log only shows the files that are ‘OK’.I then used the ‘repair’ function to ‘fix’ the MAC drive but still 336 files are bypassed.

How to Fix it:
1. NTFS is not familiar with MAC OS Format Hard Drive. so You must Use other format Hardsik like FAT, FAT32 for destination copy or cut file. 
2. On windows you can Use Mac drive Pro 9 to Access Mac Hardrive.

MacDrive Pro 9